Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RTI ramp done

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by balzackks84, Dec 2, 2002.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Finally booger welded the sucker together after school today. Its ginormous. It has to be bigger than a 30 degree, even though when my buddy and I drew it up, we went off of a 3-4-5 right triangle.

How do you calculate your score off of the height of the tire off of the ground, then project it on a 23 degree ramp?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the calculation is distance up ramp divided by wheelbase x1000= rti score it does not matter if it is a 20 23 25 28 or 30 degree ramp it is all the same you will just go farther up a 23 degree then you will a 30 degree ramp /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Just do a search for rti ramp and you will find sevral site's that will do all the work for you. Then let us know what you scored. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif You can go to my site bellow and check out my ramp picks just for fun but I have no figures there.

4. balzackks84

I know i did poorly. My rear prings have add-a-leafs and my shocks have about half an inch of drop. But that will soon change.

im gonna go out and do it again and post the score so you can laugh at me.

EDIT: wait a sec scores will be different varying on the ramp. It requires an input of the distance up the ramp, but depending on what ramp the distance is going to change.

I need to figure out how to figure out if it was a 23 degree. I know it can be done.

5. balzackks84

blah

EDIT: 37 degree ramp.

330 forwards
    462 backwards

The front flexes awesome, the rear springs dont even totally flatten out. I hate add-a-leafs.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: blah

If you had a 23 degree ramp your scores would be:

Forwards: 504

Backwards: 711

Rene

7. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

mine is about the same (score that is) but i still go anywhere i want!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif