Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RTI Ramp

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Aug 3, 2002.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've got to a point where I'm ready to try to test my suspension limits, find out where/if it binds, check the shaft slip, set the shocks, etc. and I need to be able to twist it up on different corners. Didn't someone say they had access to a portable RTI ramp around Phoenix? Or anything similar for that matter. Maybe even an cherry picker if all else fails. If so, is it possible that I could borrow (or rent it for a reasonable price) for a few days? I just need something that will let me fully stuff each wheel in turn.

2. FWP

FWP CRS

C'mon Russ, Geez.... Just drive it on top of your Dodge /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. BadDog

What Dodge? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I no longer have a Dodge. A 2500HD sets where it once sat and, no, I'm not pulling up onto it! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Aw c'mon man, just drop the tailgate and climb them bad 42's up there..... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. BadDog

/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. BadDog

Nobody knows nothing eh? And no Fred, I'm not pulling up on the HD! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

7. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Hey Russ,
    They gots one of them ramp thingys at 4 Wheelers Supply on Washington & 32 St. I doubt they'd let you borrow it but you could take your rig down there and try it. I'd call them first to make sure they'll let you use it.

8. BadDog

Yeah, I thought of that one. One problem is that the parking situation there is lousy, I would hate to try to trailer my rig down there and unload/load it. Also, I suspect I may find problems (binding, etc.) that need tweaking. That would mean repeated trips. If I can't come up with something, I may just do a best guess and take it to the trails. I don't have the space to store one or the money to waste on building one. If I were not short on space (and $$), I would buy a cherry picker and use that. Oh well...

9. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Russ,

Do a search for "The General" on this site or drop him a line, he built a wood ramp at this house and it worked our real good based on what he was saying on the post. You could probably build one for about 30 or 40 bucks.

BTW, If time works out, it could help you build one, I'm quite handy with wood, and have all the tools. (Master Carpenter by trade).

Rob

10. BadDog

Hmm, might have to go that way. Thanks for the suggestion.

Biggest problem is that I've run out of storage. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I saw a pair of steel ramps at HF today for $59 rated for 1000 lbs each. Thinking it might be ok to get them and weld some 2" x .250 angle to the sides (to form a "C"). Still would have to build an upright and find a place to store them...

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

come on down to yuma man. we got plenty of loading ramps, 22 degree incline, GREAT RTI ramps.. a CB shop worth bragging abuot, and a scale just down the road where i frined of mine works... 5 bucks to get a ticket, free to know the total.
    grant

12. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey Grant how many trucks you guys have in Yuma? anybody there from the site? unless a big wad of $hit hits the fan soon i will be there in Feb. see you then!!!!

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

there are 2 of use here.. and we both live in the same house...
    Or2play is here, he drives a 74 burban. i "drive" a 74 blazer....long story...
    what unit you going to? i am at sar, and he is fapped from a fap, at ethier vmfa 211 or 214... cant remember...
    hope to see ya out here soon.
    grant