Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rubber Axle Seals

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bouncytruck, Jul 18, 2002.

1. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know the part # for the rubber axle seals on a D44? The moron at the NAPA keeps trying to give me rotor seals. Here's a photo from the CK5 tech section that shows the seals I'm looking for.
    [​IMG]

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I don't know the number for the seal only but if you buy the spindle bearing kit (BCA brand part # SBK-1) you will get the bearing, the rubber seal you want, the little rubber seal behind the spindle bearing and the flat plastic thrust washer. I'm pretty sure that part number is fairly universal regardless of brand. The kit is cheap too, under $15.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

WAIT! Now I'm paying attention. The seal that you want, is it the dirty one or the clean one? If it's the dirty one I don't recognize it. Sorry, I jumped on the Reply button too quick.

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

the one I'm looking for is the clean one. I think that the kit you mentioned is what I'm looking for. I'll see if NAPA has it. THANKS!

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

NAPA has em in the spindle bearing kit or you can get just the "dust seal" at Randy's Ring and Pinion off 99.