Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RUBBER CARPET MATTING?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Canuck, Aug 28, 2000.

1. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

My carpet is just about toast. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a rubber molded carpet? Sounds alittle easier to clean, and with 6 dogs, would be easier to sweep out. I used to own a 76 Dodge cornet. It was an old RCMP cop car. It had the molded carpet front and back. It was the cats a$$.

Another option I was looking at is a buddy of mine sprays that "Armour Guard" stuff in truck beds. I'm wondering if I should get him to just spray the inside of my Blazer with the stuff and forget about matting or carpeting.

What do you guys (gals) think??

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Check out LMC I forget the web address. I know they have front and rear rubber for 259

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

When I repaired my front floors I coated them with that roll on box-liner stuff. Its great now I can hose it out when it gets too dirty, and if I get water inside no big deal. Of course it does'nt look near as pretty as carpet, then again I am building my truck for pure function.

[​IMG]

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have rubber mating in mine. It will hopefully be replaced by Herculiner or Rhino lining this winter. If you want it when I take it out, it is yours for the price of shipping! Not sure when it will be out though.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

5. Hey Canuck, try a search on Duraliner, Herculiner, etc (or try just liner, lol) within the message forum. This question comes up a lot. I am probably going to do it in the next couple weeks.

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Well I have a spray in liner and I love it. It has gotten rid of a lott of the littl rattle and squeaks. Tyhe only issue I can see withe the rubber matting is that if you spray it out, you will trap water and encourage rust. Just my .02

[​IMG]

7. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Cool, let me know when it's out. I'm not too worried about it right now, The carpet is still there, but dirty as hell.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

8. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I herculined my interior about a year ago. It has held up great. The only problem I have with it is that the floorboard gets REAL HOT in the summer time b/c all of the insulation is gone. I ended up putting a rubber floor liner in b/c of the heat. Not to mention it's much quieter now too. Just my .02.

BIGJ

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

10. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

I bought the custom fit rubber mats from JCW that were supposed to fit just right. They fit awful. Even though they were supposed to be molded, they were essentially stiff and flat.

They are fairly think, and when I cut them up they made nice mats to put over the carpet I later bought.

Other brands may be fine, but the JCW ones were awful.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

11. Jeff 86K5

Jeff 86K5 Registered Member

I bought a new mat 2 weeks ago from the GM dealer cheaper than LMC or JCW and didn't have to pay shipping. Some of them even come with a new insulating pad. I like mine, low maintenence.

If you just Rhino-line it. there won't be any insulation.

Jeff 86K5

12. What did you ask for at the dealer?Year etc.?
    Thanks

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!