Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rubber Floor (Instead of Carpet)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by petryshyn, May 1, 2006.

1. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

I am wondering what kind of rubber people have used to cover there floor as an alternative to LineX or a normal carpet. I want to go this route b/c I feel I can't justify fixing the body too much on my Blazer but would like some sort of flooring instead of just bare metal.

Searching I think i found one thread with no real answers, so my question is does anyone have pics of what type of rubber they used, where they got it and instaled?

Thanks

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Stock rubber mat here. Is came on the base models, carpet was an upgrade. I leave the top off and park on an incline so the rain can run out.

4. nemesis_pyros

nemesis_pyros 1/2 ton status

The PO put some kind of rubber down and screwed it to the floor. He didn't do the best job but it looks ok. and its Super easy to clean. Just take the garden hose or pressure washer to it. I'll try to Get some pics for you.

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The CUCV's came with the rubber floor mat. When I bought my CUCV, the mat was in pretty bad shape, so I sprung the $170 or so LMC wanted for a new one. Note they can trap water underneath just like carpet, so if you're in rust country you could be in trouble. I POR15'd underneath mine and repainted the floor 'fore putting the mat in, so I'm not too worried here in CA :D

It *is* nice not having to worry about getting mud and crap in the carpet though.

-- A

6. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

i used rubberized under coating, you can get it at any paint shop or auto parts store. comes in aerosol cans, for anywhere from 3-8 bucks a can. took 5 cans to do the whole inside of my blazer, floor, walls, over the rails with the top off. all i have to do is wash the mud out now. hope this helps. dont have any pics of it right now, just did it yesterday, but i have put it on several rigs before.

7. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used duplocolor liner after gutting and stripping the insides. then I follower with Dynamatting from Pep Boys. then I hit the local uphulstry shop for rubber matting front to rear. over that I installed and new front carpet. It is a 6.2 and is really Quiet in her after all that. I would invest in the matting from pepboys and just some generic rubber matting in there. keeps the noise down.

8. nemesis_pyros

nemesis_pyros 1/2 ton status

As promised.

and obligatory "I now have 35's":D:D

Picture 016.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 023a.jpg

9. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the pics, looks like what I will try and track down, seems alright, and probally cheaper than getting anything from LMC up to Canada. (Plus beats fixing a rusty floor that will probally get replace soon by just a cab)

Thanks

10. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Forget rubber. Go to Canadian Tire, pick up a box of Hippo Liner for $50 and do the bed too! Cheap, easy, and durable!