Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rubber mat from LMC

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mich89k5, Nov 4, 2000.

1. mich89k5

mich89k5 Registered Member

I'm thinking about buying the rear rubber molded mat From LMC for my 89 Blazer because carpet gets too dirty. Has anyone bought this and what kind of quality are we talking about. Will it last and does it cut down on the road noise much. Also, I'm wondering if I should just put it over my brand new carpet or take that out and spray adhesive it down and then when I do want carpet just put the carpet over top and the rubber mat will act like padding and sound deadener.Probably the only time I will want carpet will be when I'm camping and sleeping in the back. I took my backseat out and there is plenty of room for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 chihuaha.

2. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

I've thought about doing this too. My rear carpet didn't hold up too well with all the hunting and fishing. I'd be interested in the feedback as well.

Shame they don't make an aftermarket cover for the K-5 ... bought a nice one for my Dad's Fourunner.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

There are rubber floor mats and runners made for commercial and industrial use that can be cut to fit the rear of your K5. I bought a 4x6 sheet and cut it to fit for a Suburban I had once. It's a lot cheaper than than replacing all the carpet.

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I just orderd the molded front 1/4" thick rubber carpet for the front... well so it thought...<font color=red>THOSE FOOLS SENT ME THE WRONG ONE!!!!!</font color=red>[​IMG] Just opened the box earlier and found a 6'x6'(approx.) piece of 1/8" rubber that wasn't even molded at all. It reminded me of a huge black fruit roll-up[​IMG] Hope they don't charge me to send it back. Sorry I know this doesn't help much but just had to vent. I'll let you know when I get the right one.

BLAZE IT UP!!!

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

you have a return label on the paperwork that came with the mat, contact LMC, let them know that you want to exchange the mat and that you will expect them to reimburse you for shipping, they won't have a problem with that. the problem may come later when they forget to reimburse the shipping charges, no problem, just contact them and remind them about it and they'll do it, no questions asked. OH get the names of everybody you speak to, it may help out later.[​IMG]
    Dan
    BTW I like the idea of the thick rubbr mat too, but sometimes you can get ahold of a commercial conveyer belt that a company is throwing out and cut it to shape.
    I am going to slide in a sheet of plywood though and cover it with grey boat bottom outdoor carpet, I am also going to do the rear sides in plywood and the same covering with installed speakers like Blazinor did.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

6. bigjed

bigjed Newbie

I have an 86 blazer that was owned by the National Fish and wildlife service. It came stock with the molded rubber floor mats. The bad thing that I found out about these is moister will get under the floor mat cause your floor board to rust. I got rid of the mats and had my floorboard Line-X. This is the polyuthane bed coating. If you put down these floor mats have it Line-X first it willsave you alot of trouble down the road. Any Questions E-Mail me JdKrout@aol.com