Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rubber molding for Cap?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TC70C10, Jun 26, 2003.

1. TC70C10

TC70C10 Registered Member

I want to pull my cap off my Blazer and replace all the rubber molding around the sliding windows and between the cab and the fiberglass cap.

I know LMC carries the parts but they're proud of their parts. Anyone know another good place to buy these parts?

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

LMC is inline with dealer parts. Dealer is a little more but the shipping charges equal it out. The local dealer can probably have you the parts in 2-3 day's. I replced the outer shell to cab seal on the 79. $46 at the dealer and had it in 2 days.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Go with the dealer on the parts that you can, as long as the prices aren't WAY out of line. www.gmpartsdirect.com is about the cheapest place to get parts, although shipping still ads up quickly.

I bought on LMC rear window seal (goes in the topper in the "U" channel) and it wasn't made correctly, and the "fuzzy" coating on it started peeling off while I was installing it. It *works*, just a cheap knockoff, unfortunately, this is one of the parts GM discontinued quite awhile back.