Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rubbery Floor

Discussion in 'Interior - Stock & Custom' started by MrArmyAnt, Mar 23, 2007.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    I see rubber carpet replacements for the k5, but they aren't cheap. Anyone know where you can buy just like a rubber sheet that I could cut it to fit? seems it would be hella cheaper, I wonder if polymericmastic would even work.

2. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Have you considered checking in on Rhino Lining or LineX ing it. Not sure how much though?:thinking: I want to do the interior of my sub one of these days.

Just a thought?

3. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Yeah its already got some cheap bedliner in it. It's nice but it is 0 for insulation and 0 for road noise.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

This has been discussed numerous times in here.. Particularly often between Southernspeed and I...

Other than the pre-made vinylly ones from LMC, which I'm sure someone is going to post up, your options are limited..

If you want something that'll conform, it's gonna require heat... I looked into it at one point... Unless your some sort of chemist that knows the particulars on what kinda rubber to purchase, then found it in applicable sheets from somewhere, it's gonna be a difficult task..

I ended up using truck bed mat, cut to fit in the flats... The only thing that doesn't get covered is the tranny hump.. I'll be doing a custom flat sided/topped one when I do my floors, so at that point I may be able to cover it easier...

I went with a big universal one, at the bottom of the page, and cut to fit...

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/bedmats.htm

here's a pic of the back... Also, I'll be Herculining the floor with a bunch of heavy coats, before I lay that done... thicker the herculiner the better...

[​IMG]

5. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

About 5 months ago I bought a vinyl passenger area floor from Summit. I do not remember the brand right off. The floor is very thick, but very stiff in the cold. Its just starting to get warm enough here to work with the floor.

6. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

considering many of us spend time slogging around in mud, marine supply stores have some suitable offerings. this stuff looks like it might do the trick.

http://www.garysupholstery.com/decodot.html

i've seen it in a wide range of prices, online.

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

eh, i've seen that in plenty of boats... good product, nice of flats but it don't bend/conform real well at all.... very stiff... maybe heat gunned, it might...