Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rubbing d/s tire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beat'83, Feb 11, 2003.

1. beat'83

beat'83 Registered Member

ever get any rubbing/scraping on the drivers side inner tire on the tie rod end? only happens on a hard right hand turn

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

3. beat'83

beat'83 Registered Member

gee thanks...

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You could try rims with a little less backspace, or set the steering stops so the tire doesn't hit.

Rene

5. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Maybe you should just stick to waxing the pretty little'89 pavement princess, you shouldnt even be making hard turns, it may smudge your Armoral! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh boy do I take it we have one of those among us? aka the guys who armorall everything and if they have leather or vinyl seats you are quite likely to slip right out of the truck? My one friend used to be an armorall freak, he made the mistake of doing his steering wheel a couple times lets just say he stopped doing that at least.

7. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Actually, I think what Beat 83 is trying to say is that his drag link is rubbing. I work with this guy, and we have the same set up 10.5 x 31's on stock alloy wheels. I dont have this problem, can someone help him so I dont have to hear him whine anymore! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like someones messed with the steering then. 31's were available stock, and if the backspacing isn't wrong (stock wheels you said) then someone has to have messed with something else.

Perhaps someone put the steering shaft back on the steering box wrong. Been there, seen and corrected that. Amazing how much effort some people will put into doing something entirely wrong.