Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rubbing on front of front fender?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Mar 10, 2002.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Last night I was goiung through a ditch and my tires rubbed real bad. Got out and checked where they usually rub - at the rear of the front fender - and it was fine. a few hours later I looked at the front of that fender and it was all dented in. Pulled it out a little with my hands, but it still looks like crap. This happen to anyone else?

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have a 89 with no lift running 33s and except for cutting off a little of the rear front. I have had no rubbing anywhere.
    My rims have 3 1/2" of back spacing I think that is why I can get away without a lift. I have had the suspention wound pretty tight with no probs.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I had that happen on mine. I ripped the bottom of the wheel well trim off and mashed the fender in some. I fixed it with a sawzall. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah I had that happen to me also. If you look at the link on my sig.,you'll see how I remedied that problem.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Time to get some trimming...I also have some pics you can use for a refrence. Check the link below.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Tires are too wide, go with the 33x10.5's ; )