Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rubbing?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Dec 16, 2004.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, finally ready to buy my 6inch lift and im gonna be runnin 35's. THe problem is all this talk on here about peoples big ideas(10inch lifts etc) im scared that even my 35's will rub and tear my tires and fenders up? What you think?

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

im runnin 6in with 35's, stock wheel wells(well they were) and i never had any rubbing issues

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have 6" + 35's on my truck and for the most part I never have rubbing issues. My wheels are moderately wide (12") so occaisionally the tires touch if I hit a bump while turning, nothing bad though. Don't sweat it. :thumb:

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

You should be fine w/ 6" lift and 35's as long as you stick with a 10' wide wheel or less. You might have a little rub with a wider wheel. I ran 6" lift and 35's on 10" wheels and I had NO rubbing unless I was twisting it up pretty good.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have 9" of lift with 35's and mine still bash the front fenders...

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

At full flex while turning my 35's would rub with the 6" lift and when I stepped up to 8" of lift. With the 8 it wasn't really bad but withthe 6 I was just really careful as to the situations I would get into. It is doable just be situationally aware.....

7. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I had a 6" lift with 35 12.5s on 10" wheel and they never touched metal :grin:

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I think alot of it will depend if you leave the sway bar on or not also. if you leave it on, you'll flex less, but also less chance of bashing your fenders. Kind of of a question of what all you are expecting out of your truck:grin:

9. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

im running 6 inches and 36x14.5's on 10 inch rims and rubbed bad when the wheels were straight with 3 inches cut behind the wheel. I re-cut the fenders tonight and took another 2 or so off... hopefully that will work.