Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rubicon 1 , Burt4x4 0

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Burt4x4, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

The 'Con beat me this time!!
    Within 10min of doing the trail, PING, Ujoint on pass side front axel pops, 10min after that POW, rear driveline rips off the rear pinion! 10hrs later My rig is back at the staging area.
    If I had anything to complain about it would be all the TRAFFIC! man I have never been to such a besy trail before! Dirtbikes spitting/launching dirt as they whizz by me sitting on the trail swappin in a new axelshaft. You would think they may slow down just a LITTLE bit!!?? Nope. I say during the week is the best time to do the trail, too many rigs makes for a long day breakage or not!!
    We still had a great time and thanks again to thoes that help get me and Chazz off the trail!!
    Next time???? We shal see..........
    Oh and I forgot my cammera! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

2. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

man thats rough...
    any idea what took out your drive shaft?

Posts like this make me feel like heading to the junk yards looking for spare parts...for when I break. I am unprepaired for any carnage... speaking of carnage did anybody else get pictures of yours... I know it sucks having CRS cus I have it too .. I never remember my camera /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes I got CRS from my dad, well the 80s didn't help much eather /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif
    I snaped the axel ujoint in a spot were I could not repair it cuz well I was blocking the trail. So I unlocked the front and whent around the corner just to find another huge bolder to go over with no frontend power. I gave it one try and didn't make it up onto the bolder so on the second try I used more throttle and POW!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif opps too much!
    This was a 1350 series rear shaft too. Crazy thing is I just got done going to Moab and back and wheeled 3days straight with zero breaks for over 2000miles. I think my stuff was getting tired and just couldn't keep up with my heavy foot anylonger! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
    Oh well next year. Oh and I got the deer in the headlights stare from my wife and she only had one thing to say! "How Much?"

4. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

ROFLMAO! I just got that very same look from my wife! I blew the posi in my 12 bolt and this weekend I dropped in a 14...when I got home my wife had that look!

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Burt,

If it's any use to you, you can HAVE the rear driveshaft I was selling. It's a 1/2-Ton unit, and so it doesn't have the correct yokes, but you might be able to use it temporarily...?

I put a pic in my gallery, and the measurements (min & max length) are in the "FOR SALE" thread...near the very bottom.

If you want it, it's YOURS! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

ROCK ON BROTHER!

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

DUDE! Thankyou! But I can't use it. I have 1350 yokes too. I'm not in too big of a hurry so still need to reserch what my next move will be. Now with both front and rear drivelines toasted my rig is grounded fer a while.....
    Thanks again for the offer!!

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds like you better "lurk" on the '73-'91 Forum to see when Jesse does the next drawing for those FREE "High-Angle Drivelines"..... you need 'em!

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya no Kidding!! Front and rears from him would not be cheep!