Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON!!!!!!!WHOO HOO

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Chaz88K5, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well this weekend was a work on truck marathon both saturday and sunday...poped both diff covers off and resealed both for the 2nd time...repacked my front hub bearings and fixed my mistake when i put it all back together a few weeks ago...installed 2 tow hooks on the front (i am guessin i will be using them alot next weekend)..changed the oil in the motor...built a cross member to put behind the t-case so i can build a skid plate...goin to finish that all up tommorow night...took out my back seat to make more room for crap and spare parts...located most of my camping gear and packed up a [censored] ton of spare parts( spare rear driveline, box of misc nuts and bolts of vaious sizes, front shackles and extra bolts, spare set of hubs, pickin up my front spare drive line tommorow, and a bunch of other random parts that i hope i wont need) and tommorow i am goin to even touch up the big ass scratch on the front fender from blazer safari last year with my dumb ass move on hittin a canyon wall, vacumed out my truck ( hadent been done in months..it was startin to get kinda grose) if i have time i am goin to attempt to okie rig a onboard air set up just for the weekend then when i get back ill hook it up and install it all perty like...also still need to install some lights on the bottom...i wanna do a little night wheelin since i havent really had a chance to do that yet. replaced a burnt out tail light that has been out for about a month..hopefully my spare axle shafts will be here by friday..if not i am goin to have to hope someone else happens to carry a spare D60 shaft, i really doubt i will break it but one of thos murphey law things...if ya dont have the part it will break type of thing. i think i might be overdoin it on the prep but i dont feel like gettin stuck on the con...not my idea of a good time...i wanna wheel and not fix stuff...anyway...as you can tell i am gettin stupid excited about this...this is my first real trail run in my blazer...its always been at some kind of park like hollister or truck haven hills in palm springs...so dident really have to worry about broken things much because there was always a store somewhat close to go get parts...but not the case this time...but yea...i think i am done rambleing and goin to head to bed /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON RUBICON /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Im ready to go now!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahaa up late I see /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    That post reminds me when I was packing for Moab! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
    I'm ready too, heck my truck was ready the day I got back from Moab.Butt I do need to change the oil and take the back seat back out so I have a place to sleep /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

How come I'm always lagging when it comes to being ready for a run????????????????????????????

I still have to find front shocks for the new lift, waiting on the new 14" travel rear shocks to come in, hookup electricals on line lock, finish wiring one of my rock lights, build the rear bumper/tire carrier, clean truck out, decide what is goin with for spare parts and pack the truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering my anniversary is today, I still have alot to do before Thursday.

Thanks to Dan for helping out again this weekend.
    David

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'm ready to go also.. Did pretty much the same things.. Went threw the hubs and took out the back seat.. I also fabbed up a bracket to hold a tank of CO2.. I went and bought one of those cargo nets that fit in the back of pickups.. It looks like it will help hold down some of the lighter stuff..

6. Red Chevy Girl

Red Chevy Girl 1/2 ton status

I must really be slaking then I'm still trying to get my rig fixed to go, but as far as the packing goes thats all together in the garage waiting for the next trip. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. gokartergo

Did you find a place to weld up your front??? I saw your post over on pirate too.. There is a place here in Hollister that daes good work.. They have welded up my shock mounts before and welded Shewheelers steering box...

8. Red Chevy Girl

Red Chevy Girl 1/2 ton status

I'm still looking for someone to do it, Do you have their number?

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I put on a new AGR Super Pump yesterday...thought it would be a simple 30 minute swap...damn, it took a LOT longer than that! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I ordered a pre-79 Pump to match my box, and wouldn't you know, all of the bolts and fittings are standard vs. my stock pump which is an 87 and uses metric! And of course, AGR is too cheap to include new hardware with it, so had to run around looking for that crap. And the biggest surprise was that the damn thing came without a reservoir! I had to use my old grungy stock one over, so had to get it off the stock pump, and of course it was being a pain to get off, so I ended up bending the damn thing around the pressure fitting hole...it was never ending! I finally got it back on the truck, and since I didn't have anyone to help me, I tried to bleed it per their instructions (lift tires off ground, remove cap, fill to Cold level, and turn wheel back and forth 20-40 times! Of course, they recommend two people, one to crank wheel and one to watch fluid level...so, needless to say, the fluid was burping big time because of the air in the system...well, I realized this too late and their was fluid EVERYWHERE! The driveway was covered, as well as everything under the pump...so, filled it back up after trying to clean the driveway (yeah right) and it kept doing it...so I said screw it and fired up the motor...put the cap back on and drove it around after filling with fluid once more...the noises stopped and the bubbles were pretty much gone, so I left it at that. It was late. But the Super Pump is not so "Super" in its assist yet...in fact, it is worse than my stock one was...but the stock one was making death noises, so it had to come off...it turns the tires, but it takes some effort to do it...it should be easier in the dirt as opposed to the street, but I was expecting better...

I also got Richard's trailer from him and we are working on the wiring to get our 7-pin harness to work with the brake controller, etc...should be easy. Just have to get food and pack the truck now. Hope to be leaving about 4 or 5 on Thursday night for Fresno, so should hit major traffic...my favorite.

10. gokartergo

Gabilan welding...831-637-3360 Ask for Mark Tell them Dan from ADM Electric told you to call..

11. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

Kristen
    ok i have 3 options for you. kevin blevins said he would do it.
    1: take it up to his house in sonora
    2: bring it to my house in escalon and he will come over and do it
    3: he said he can come over to your place and do it
    but the catch is he will be down wednesday for a dr's app. so let me know

jeff

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I did the once over this weekend, first time since Moab.
    I have one bolt holding the front driveline in, I had tons of loose bolts, and my engine dampner is broken. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I'm gonna try to get the dampner off and get a new one, and go to the driveline shop for the bolts. But I still need to do all the other stuff I didn't for the last trip! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif AAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH! I'm still triing to get it there people!