Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RUBICON RUN ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by CRAWLIN70, Aug 1, 2002.

1. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

We are going to run the rubicon on sept 21 and 22. any one wana go? let me know all are wellcome. head up saturday morning and stay on the trail saturday.

Jeff Grass -1 70 C10
    Keith Panza here - 1 87 K5
    My brother Brian - 1 68 CJ5
    My brother Preston - 1 72 Bronco
    Friend Steve Matthews - 1 75 F250
    Esteban Solano - 1 86 K5
    Chaz Murry -1 88 K5
    Kevin Blevins -1 66 LandCruiser
    Byron Hoffman -1 68 LandCruiser
    FrizzleFry -1 Truck/Blazer
    Kidjethro - K5
    GoldRush -K5
    Ron Witiker -02 TJ
    Leon Curtis - jeep
    Robert Stelhorn - Wrangler
    Mary Krupka - CJ7

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I am IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

3. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

cool deal ok anyone else??????

so far we have
    crawlin70
    chaz88k5
    crawlerfj40
    goldrush

lets go play come on yall

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'd like to go but I think I'll still have miss-matched gears (3.73fr-4.88rr) /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . How intense is it going to be (just incase I get geared right before then). Do you mind if let the rest of the So Cal Big Dawgs know about this run?

Here's my latest pic.

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Im in as long as I dont have to work /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I'm in too, as long as I don't have to work. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ya better take the time off now! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I think I may be up for this! Hmmm, let me see if I can get the time off...should have my ram assist all done by then, but the tires are starting to look like may be a bit longer...have to totally reseal this stupid t-case first, it's leaking like a sieve! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I would probably take Friday, Sept 20th off - come up real early that morning, hopefully be there by like noon or so? And probably take Monday off as well, so I can make a full weekend out of it...

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

What route are we planning on taking? Are we doing the whole trail, or just parts of it? I have never been there, just been reading some stuff about it - most reports say it takes anywhere from 2-3 days to do the whole thing? Just wondering where we start and where we finish? I think I have a few more people who will go with us also...

10. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

i have never been on it eathere(sp). i would like to go as far as everyone wants to. it will be a adventure /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif so come on chaz how much do we want to do???? i say we go and just see what happens.

jeff

11. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Has anyone been on it yet? And where are we meeting? My plan would be to drive up Friday, so I would probably be camping near wherever the trailhead is Friday night? I think Esteban is considering going now...but we could use some more info on your plans/meeting spots/camping spot salong the way, etc...I'm gonna try to do some research on the trail when I get a minute here...keep us posted!

12. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I have a friend from the area. He said the hardest part with be the Gate Keeper. I'm trying to get him to bring me a picture of that particular obstacle. After that there are some squeezes.

13. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

i am also going to take off friday and head up. we could meet in stockton and follow eachother up if you want i will look at what camp spots and such and let you all know.

jeff

14. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

the only part i have been on is from loon lake to little sluce...i wouldent mind goin a little farther...but i dont think i would want to go all the way...i plan on just makin a day run out of it...as long as i dont break anything and get stuck out there...what ever everyone wants to do is fine with me...game on /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

From what I gather from my boss(jeeper)and a buddy of mine(Yota guy), there is NO WAY to get a full size through the sluice. supposedly there is a bypass that consists of some slabs but it is not supposed to be much better. Probably would be best to come in after the sluice and run the rest of the trail. Doing that you also by pass most of the people.That trail is like 18 miles long so there is a hell of a lot of trail to run without doing the first part.

16. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

the go around on the slabs is not bad at all...a honda civic could make the go around... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I think I'm going to have to see how things go, I may be game for this /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

18. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well it looks as though i may be going on this trip. I did a littel reading about it and it seems like the general consensus is that it's pretty much all doable by a full size as long as you take some bypasses. The trail is only 12 miles long and can be done in about 2 days as long as there are no major breakdowns.

I will be driving up friday with Keith, I'm thinking that if a small group gets there friday afternoon, we can start the trail and camp out about a mile or 2 in and wait there for the Saturday group to get there. Just my .02.

19. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

there is a good place to camp right before you get to gate keeper..its only about 1/4 mile into the trail...time wise if you are planin on runnin the whole trail..it will prob take you more that 2 days...to get to little sluce its a good 3 hours...but we did go on a busy weekend when we did go...on the way out took us 2 hours just to get past gate keeper because there were about 30 trucks ahead of us and there is no go around for that one..but i think that was just a odd weekend... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

20. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I put in for the time off .Just gotta see if it gets approved /forums/images/icons/grin.gif