Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rubicon work week end

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by imiceman44, Nov 4, 2002.

1. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Hi guys
    I suppose some of you know me by now (we were in Pismo)
    I am an FOTR member (Friends of the Rubicon).
    Well the point is, finally after years of problems the landowners and the county have agreed on the final configuration of the trail, and surveyors are already working on ploting it and making it legally set.
    The past week ends a lot of people led by the Pirates of the Rubicon and the FOTR have cleared the new section did a clean up and did some seeding where needed, and this week the FOTR is leading the work on blocking the illegal trails and lining the new section as well as spreading hay on the seeded parts.
    Already Bill AKA Tweetysaurus is going with me as well as my sister, anyone interested in giving back to the hobby we enjoy?
    No pressure here, just anyone that doesn't have prior committments and wants to help out. Even if you don't want to take your truck on the trail, you can park your truck at the spillway on loon lake and ride with someone going in, there will be ride sharing /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Anyway, meeting at the spillway at 9:00 am on Saturday 9th of Nov.
    Either let me know here or simply show up.
    If anyone wants a ride up there I might have room for a couple more.
    If you need directions I will happy to oblige.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I'm going whether its with Iceman44 or in my rig! Dammit I got to get out! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Come on DAWG's show some heart & soul for the sport or hobbie you all love so much! I've seen so many trails get shut down over the years due to B.S.! Its all of our turn to give back!
    Bill

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well if they can change the times to tues and weds then I am in I have to a store opening on this weekend I here ya on the needing to get out, I have my mother-in-law here for 2 more weeks....LOL anyway I would like to go but no go for me...later

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

if i had my drivers licence back i would head up there...or if anyone is passin threw stockton/lodi and headin up there i will go...if ya got the space /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If you do want to go, I am willing to drive down and pick you up if no one is on their way there. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i dont want to put you out of the way..because then you would have to bring be back home and that would be a pita...

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

It's no trouble, but it's up to you.
    If you want to go, let me know, I am an hour away.
    I just went to LA this week end to check out an engine, I would go to Lodi, or stockton to pick up a fellow K5er to help with the Rubicon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    By the way I see no one else is interested, but if someone is, we're there rain or shine, and rain it might so if you are thinking of going be prpared fo bad weather.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I would go but my wife is leaving for New York for a week on Monday morning so I am going to spend some time with her. Also going to a show on Saturday night so even if she wanted to go it wouldn't work out. Another time, I suppose. </font color>