Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ruch busted at it again.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Tisk tisk tisk.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Don't matter who you are , that damn monkey will jump on anyones back .

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Good. That guy is a scumbag and a fake. Never did like him cause I could see though his lies. Not at all what I conceder a Conservative.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yep. Rush is a dick and gives conservatives a bad name.

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

If you don't like the guy, that's cool, but why does he give conservatives a bad name?

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Cause He's a sell out. Ever listen to the crap that idiot talks about. He says we shouldn't be complaining about gas prices cause we are getting off cheap and that the oil company's have it so rough. Well lets break it down a large part of what we pay at the pump is due to tax's or to pay for some additives to keep the environmentalist happy. Now to Me that is liberal BS right there. How He can sit there and say that the oil company's have it rough is beyond Me when they a posting record profits yet they do nothing to improve their ability to manufacture fuel at a lower cost or improve out put.

7. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, you know when conservatives and liberals agree on something it's gotta be true. Or false.

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

"90% of politicians give the other 10% a bad reputation."
    --Henry Kissinger

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Additives or what not be damned. Why is it that in Venezuela, where we get a major portion of our crude oil, do they spend 14 cents a gallon do we here in Az have to spend 3 bucks plus? I can't imagine that it costs that much to ship it here and then get it to the pumps.

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

And what is the average Venezualans standard of living? :)

11. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

well, I've been listening to his show since before Klinton got elected.. he's a conservative, not a populist.. there's a difference. Conservatives are pro - business, not pro little guy.. being pro business helps the little guy raise himself up.

to answer your point, the domestic oil companies can ony function within the regulation and tax structure that is set up for them by the gov't.

The reason the oil companies do nothing to improve output is because they aren't allowed to. they also don't set the price of the barrel of crude.

they haven't been able to to build a new refinery since the 70's, and the EPA mandates things like clean diesel fuels, and ethanol blended gas which boosts the price beyond belief. the 15ppm sulfur diesel fuel that's coming online requires a huge amount of natural gas to process, so that's why natural gas is so expensive.( as will be the diesel) Gasoline is being processed the same way in order to remove sulfur, so that adds to the cost of the gasoline.

they also cannot drill wherever they want to here domestically..since they can refine only a finite amount of what they DO get, the rest gets sold to india or china, who are buying up every drop of fuel they can get their hands on.

so, if you take high production costs, and limit the ability to both extract and process the oil, and couple that with voracious demand, which way does the price go? If you had a business, what would the same conditions do to you?

Yes the oil companies are making huge money.. that's only because everything they produce gets sold at a higher price than what used to be, and it's only natural that you're dealing with bigger numbers. the profit margins however, aren't that big when you look at what it costs them to do business.

my bitch is with the politicians in congress, who won't release the stranglehold on our energy producers.. I'll say it again, when the gov't reduces the tax and regulatory burden on businesses, prices come down, and everybody wins.

Anyway, when rush explains stuff like this, it doesn't mean he doesn't like you, or that he's an elitist. he's just explaining how capitalism works.

And what's so bad about record profits anyway? the automakers could use some right about now. so could the place you work for, no?

Tom

12. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

13. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Recording record profits still does not equate with me. Yes the cost of living has steadily increased over the years but.....

14. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Saying "record profits" generates more headlines and political turmoil than just being honest and saying that increased demand means they produced and sold more oil this year than last year.

If a democrat was in office, you wouldn't be hearing a peep out of the media. in fact, the libs WANT gas to be 5 bucks a gallon.. to them, if the majority of the pump price is taxes, happy days.. if the oil companies are getting it, then it's an obscene profit. go ahead and vote for hillary, and watch what happens to gas prices.. that free health care has to come from somewhere.

15. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah, but what where the record profits for, that one qrter, right?

Just check the chart I posted, you should be more pissed at companies like General Mills, Bank of America or an insurance company maybe than an oil company..

Or your local hippy for not allowing a refinery to be built.. I hope they do Bushs plan of building a few on the closed military bases... But I'd bet someone will throw a wrench in that gig...

I hear this stuff all the time from the Jersey libs I have here.. "As long as Bush's buddies are rich, blah, blah.." Instead of them researching the topic and learning facts, they believe rumors..

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

He gives conservatives a bad name because he is a hyperbolic asshat. I actually agree with some of what he says but disagree with all of how he says it. Being unable to have reasonable discourse with your opposition makes you an unworthy opponent.

Besides, you can't change someone's mind while you're telling them how stupid they are and if he had the cause of advancing conservative values and political dominance foremost in his mind rather than being a sensationalist ratings whore I would think him less of an jackass.

17. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, he's a bombastic dude, not everyone's cup of tea. I feel he does have the conservative agenda and political dominance foremost in his mind, it's just that it's his job to say what the politicians won't, and to keep the base energized and engaged.

Unfortunately, playing nice and being reasonable with the democrats always results in conservatives taking it up the caboose. I'm disappointed enough that GW is a moderate, the last person I want to see be nice to the opposition is Rush. We don't need moderates who will play nice, what we need are conservative leaders who will stick to conservative principles, and prove they work.

The right strategy isn't to change people's minds, the right way is to find the like minded people and get them to the polls, and then beat the opposition. Whoever is is better at that gets to be the leader. I feel that playing to the "undecided moderates" is a waste of time. if they can't form an opinion, who cares what they think?

have you ever listened to Laura Ingraham? she's a solid conservative, and you might like her style more.

Tom