Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ruff idle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlazerBuddy88, Jun 21, 2005.

1. BlazerBuddy88

BlazerBuddy88 Registered Member

:confused:

hey out there this is my first post i`m a short time member and new time blazer owner. any ways i have a 88 blazer 350 TBI and it idles real ruff and stalls out when not giving it gas. also it hesitates when you give it gas. but once you get it past i`d say half throtle it runs like a champ. i just got the car today and i had a hard just getting it home. i already cleaned the the throtle body up with some cleaner but it still ildles low and ruff and stalls out. i ran out of sun light so i couldn`t pull the plugs but i have a feeling they might be bad. if any one might have some suggestions i am open to ideas. thank you. :)

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

fuel pump, my first guess, check your pressure, how many miles are on it?

Reason i say that, i have the same setup, did the same thing a few years back, but slowly got worse to where it wouldn't even go into overdrive, it was running so bad.

3. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

start with the fuel filter first then plugs, wires, cap and rotor and then the fuel pump just due to the price of parts... and trouble of dropping the tank, just my opinion.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Definately, that is the same route i took, basically ended up replacing EVERY sensor under the hood till i finally broke down and accepted it was something i didn't want to do. Wasn't really all that bad though, just alittle time consuming.

5. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

id try this first and if this doesnt work.....

then id do this
    might save you trouble

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd also check your fuel pressure instead of just assuming the pump is bad.

Of course after you do a basic tune up, plugs and wires never hurt, cap/rotor I only replace if they have physical damage, there isn't anything to go wrong with them that you can't see, and aftermarket parts aren't the greatest quality anyways.

7. BlazerBuddy88

:D thanx guys i`ll try that today and see how things go thanks again for the suggestions

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

also...

Check your EGR valve--if it sticks open even slightly it will cause stalling,poor idle,and hesitation during acceleration...along with all the other things already suggested.. :crazy:

9. BlazerBuddy88

:D thanks for all your help guys every one was very nice and helpful but all it needed was a new set of spark plugs and now see purrs like a kitten. thanks again to every one

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

AAAH, yes, must be nice to have it be something as simple as that,,,everytime i have had somethine go wrong, it's always been something major, :p: ,,guess i just got used to "assuming" a worst case problem, :crazy: ,,glad you got it fixed at a fairly cheap cost. :waytogo: