Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rumbling Noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by frank8808, Jun 3, 2003.

1. frank8808

frank8808 Registered Member

I have a 91 Blazer with 33's 2 1/2" lift and a cat back exhaust. When I'm driving and thing are warmed up I get a rumbling noise from the drive train. Mostly when I decelerate the gas and going down hill. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif I check the rear end everything looks fine also checked u-joint on play.I'm stumped.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

rumbling noise? sound like air? or more like a vibration?

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I have the same problem. I found my driveshaft slip-yoke wore through some of the plastic /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif splines.
    I tried changing the U-joints with no help.

When I took the slip yoke apart, I greased it heavely and the vibe went away for ~50 miles.

Good luck.

4. frank8808

frank8808 Registered Member

Well your not going to beleive it. I took it into trans shop.They said it's not the drive line or the u joints
    and he said the trans was fine. I't might be the diff. So
    I took it to 4 wheel parts where I bought the gears. They fixed the problem. It was one bad u joint. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif