Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rumsfeld Resigns...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbluesuburban, Nov 8, 2006.

1. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Just heard it on the news...

Hmmm... I am not sure what I think of this.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow. Just an hour ago they were saying no way.

3. cbbr

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I don't blame him. Get out while the getting's good.

John

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm cracking up... The local ultra-super-liberal guy here is walking around telling everyone what a huge victory for the democrats and they're already getting things done.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yup, cause come the first of the year, the government is gonna make LA freeways at rush hour look fast.......................:D

7. cbbr

Is declaring victory and looking for a soapbox "getting things done"?

8. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Let them have their fun, it's their day.
    Notice how there's no Republicans out there whining and crying and declaring fraud and throwing mud.
    Just let it pass, they will show thier true colors in very short order, I'm sure.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

He's implying that fear of a democratic congress already influenced Bush to get rid of Rummy...

I worry a little... Democrats held NY easily. We lost our really good Governor to a term limit, and unfortunately now have a super-liberal in that seat. The guy who did nothing for 10 years, then needed to start getting his name out, so opened meritless and fruitless investigations against large corporation that operate here. The man was unknown until he started breaking corporate balls all over the place, and today he's a governor.

10. cbbr

I wonder if Bush got rid of him or if he just said F-it.

11. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I have a feeling he said f-it. But I could be wrong.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

He probably said F-it.

I doubt Bush woke up this morning and decided something this big because the democrats won last night. My co worker is a little on the idiot side...

13. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

By watching the speech, I think Bush had an idea he was going to do this before the election, but didn't want it known before. He even said that, actually. He spoke to his replacement on Sunday and to rummy about getting out yesterday. Sounds like he was ready before the election.

Good point on the no bitching about election fraud...I was thinking that exact same thing.

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Bummer. IMO Rummy was the most capable man in the Sec Def job during my lifetime. Old generals ready to fight the last war tended to have a problem with Rummy... but I have read enough from people who dealt with Rummy to know that he was the right man for the job. Hopefully the new guy isn't a Les Aspen wanna be... because our grunts lives depend on it.

j

15. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I watched the presidents press conference. IMO, I just watched the beginning of a 'lame-duck' president. I think he asked Rumfield to resign. The pinkos have been after his head for 2 years. I think Bush thinks that will quiet them :haha: :rotfl: . I think Bush is done as President. He is no Reagan. He'll give the pinkos what they want (Rumfield) :mad: :( .

16. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Over the past week with Army/Navy Times calling for him to resign you had to wonder. Politically it was the perfect time to do it. The election is over and there are plenty of lame ducks in congress that at least claim to be conservatives. Now is the time to get the guy you (Bush) want in before January when the new leadership takes over. I wouldn't be surprised if a judge or two gets pushed through as well.

17. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

If Bush would have fired his ass three months ago, we might still have control of the House and/or Senate. I like Rummy, but his timing on this sucks ass.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Same here. I just got done reading Tommy Franks' book not too long ago and he really didn't have a bad thing to say about Rumsfield. I just worry about people in general. If the type of people I like working with happen to be in charge of the country, I'm sure there would be a whole lot of the world that would hate us, but at least things would get done, there would be ass kickings meted out and we would be a happy place to be.

Every gets so freaking Kumbaya about crap these days...................

19. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I hate it when the politicians on our side gives the libs whatever they want.. it's never enough.. I just heard than John Bolton, our UN ambassador is the next guy to go..

I wonder if this is the price bush has to pay in order to not have impeachment proceedings started against him come january?

You would think that W would've learned from what happened to his dad not to bargain with, trust, or even give the frickin' time of day to a democrat..

all of this " I'm a uniter, not a divider" crap is for the birds.. if congressional dems would have been treated like the enemies of the state they are, the base would have stayed motivated, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Tom

20. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

F**k him

Has anyone read Cobra 2, it was a great book about the military at all levels. If you read the book you will see what he did wrong. Mind you I don't think he was to blame all by himself. But he shorted the ground commanders and violated the nine principles of war. I do think he was right about transformation as far as Combat Brigades. But technology can not replace boots on the ground. Especially during a occupation.