Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Run On

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by rd durham, May 10, 2005.

1. rd durham

rd durham Registered Member

I posted this in another thread and thought I put it out as a separate thread in hopes of getting some help. Thanks in advance for any assistance. The problem involvesa '84 Blazer owned by my younger sister and I confess about not being too knowledgeable about diesels. We dropped in a low miles 6.2 into her Blazer that came out of a CUCV Blazer. The motor had been in outdoor storage for two years. I have what I believe are some sticking injectors, grey/white smoke out the exhaust, but also a problem with the engine running on after the key is turned off. Pulling the pink wire on the injector pump makes no difference. With or without the pink wire pulled the engine still runs on after the key is turned off. Eventually the engine will start running rough and then die. Engine will restart but takes some cranking.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

With that long a 'sit' outside I'd suspect that getting the IP and injectors rebuilt would be a big help. I got my IP and injectors done at www.accuratediesel.com a few years ago and the pricing was really good...as was the service and quality.

If you can't find exactly the service you want on the accurate diesel site contact Tim there and just ask.

I'm sure the prices have gone up a little sonce I got mine done, but I paid $347 for the IP and injectors to get rebuilt...and that included shipping.

Rene

3. rd durham

rd durham Registered Member

Is there an internal electric solenoid that is sticking in the IP?

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

solenoid..

there is a fuel shut off solenoid on the injector pump--maybe its sticking in the "on" position... :confused:

I learned you can shut off the 6.2's by pinching off the return fuel line to the injector pump--it stops the flow of fuel..I was a bit concerned when I first got my truck that the diesel might "run away" like some VW diesels I read about--I wondered how the heck would you shut it off???--if its running off the oil fumes in the crankcase,I doubt if even that would stop it---I think "smothering" it by covering the intake is the only way!--that would be a scary ride,with the motor going faster and faster,with no way to shut it off from the drivers seat!... :yikes: