Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Run to Uwharrie??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFrog, Apr 1, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I posted earlier but wanted some more feedback. Anyone up for a trip to Uwharrie maybe late April early May?

2. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I would probably go. I need to put the K5 through some stuff now that It is lifted. Let me know when.

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I still really haven't heard from anyone except for a few, but I think we might end up shooting for the beginning of May. Maybe the 4th and 5th?? Anyway, I'm open for suggestions.

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

oh you know me and my buddies are in...maybe boss and some of those guys will want to come down???

we ought to see if more carolina guys would be interested too...turn this into a good weekend...

Later

5. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Yep going to uwharrie this saturday if all works out good!When ever you guys are ready to go down there let me know,We can get a bunch of guys to go and have a blast......
    This is opening weekend I believe........I bet its gonna be packed....Get to try out the new d-60,and hydro-steer.....

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Cool... Not set on the 4th and 5th, it conflicts with some schedules.. maybe the next week or two weeks later.

7. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

im gonna have to check my schedual because my sister graduates from UGA sometime in may but ill have to check out which weekend ill be gone.

8. Ryan

Ryan Registered Member

Hi, can't make it this May, but I do want to get a group of friends up there this summer. Where can I get some info on trails, camping, etc. for Uwharrie? We will be on the LIGHTER trails (hey - keep the heckling down, you don't need much of a lift to play in the sand on the Outer Banks of NC)as most of our vehicles are stock height with few mods. Any websites with good info, or personal experience? It's a long drive, and we would like to have some kind of plan before we left.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

9. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Ok fill me in where this is at. I know you guys are in Va. So it shouldnt be far from me.

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

If ya'll decide to go at a later date let me know I might join ya'll as well. Do a search in a search engine on Uwharrie 4 wheeling, and you should get a few pages about the place. However I have not been there yet so I'm not sure about camping spots etc.

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

fr8.. It's about a 3 hour drive for me and I believe when Boss came down here to Roanoke it took him about 5 hours to get here, so your probably looking at around 8 hours or so. It'd be sweet if you could make it.

Oh yea... It's in NC

12. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

im going down not this weekend but next weekend. My buddy just put a live axle and 36's on a rodeo and he wants to try it out. It wou8d be cool to meet some fellow k5ers

13. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

from me to you is about ~4.2 to 4.5 hours or so....

Won't be able to make it though fellas, /forums/images/icons/frown.gif sorry..Very busy....perhaps someother time for me.
    Boss

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Thats all right man.. Maybe I'll be able to make it to Paragon.

15. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I'd rather do it at the end of April. I want to get to Tellico in May and might need some time to fine tune the K5 in between runs. Heck, I might head out there next weekend. I am getting the urge now that it is lifted. Or I may just head to Carolina Beach. Who knows.

16. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Hey man.. whatever you decide to do is cool. It will probably have to be towards middle of May though. A few people are doing mods to their rigs and requested that we have the run in mid May.

You could always hit this weekend then hit it again with us.

17. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Cool beanz. I will see what I can do. Keep me posted onthe date and time/place to meet.

18. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I think it's looking towards May 11th and 12th. We can figure out a time closer to the date. If you wanted to head down on Friday night you could stay at my house and we could leave early Saturday morning.

19. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

so is anyone trying to go in 2 weeks, the date would be the 13th?

20. muddevils

muddevils Registered Member

the MUD DEVILS club is going to be at Uwharrie this weekend, April 5-7, for opening weekend. Hope to see some of you guys there, we will be camped up on Falls Dam at the end of the gravel road, we will have a club banner at our camp site. Hope to see ya'll there. Big Rocks Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!