Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

running 307

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by cochino12, Nov 11, 2004.

1. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

chevy 307, supposed to have been rebuild but I am not sure. GM aluminum intake, and heads from early 80's 350 (I can get casting numbers if needed). How about $100 or best. Thanks

trade for good pass. fender 73-80
    inner fenders same years
    k5 rear glass
    ????

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'd be interested in this motor. I'll be in denver next weekend and might even be able to come up with some good 73-80 inner/outer fenders to trade you. Just need to check on a truck I know about for parts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd be interested in this motor. I'll be in denver next weekend and might even be able to come up with some good 73-80 inner/outer fenders to trade you. Just need to check on a truck I know about for parts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

Have a good tailgatge?

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I dont have any Blazer specific parts. The fenders I have now are rust free, but some minor dents that are very fixable. Good rust free inner fenders with them and even a core support if you would like it. I think the pass side fender was in pretty good shape and the drivers side was the one with the big dent, but I need to double check them. Havent had a chance yet trying to get ready for the trip to Denver. Though right now it looks like I'm going to need to post pone the trip 1-2 weeks due to my clutch not working when I got the new motor going for the first time tonight...

6. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

7. J.R.

J.R. Guest

dont be to fast to give this motor away for cheap bucks. if its an early 70's 307 block, some of them can be bored out .100 over . lots of dirt track racers like these old blocks to use. just a little fyi.. good luck

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

boring a 307 1.125" just turns it into a 4" bore block

thats a 302, 327, and 350 bore/block

spend the $ on a 350 or 400 block, unless you want to spend the extra $ and still have a 2 bolt block- which probably doesnt matter in your case
    youd be safer with a 4" bore block rather than boring out a 3.875 bore block

if you decide on boring it out then have the cylinder walls checked to make sure thers enough iron in the walls, just because its a 68-73 block doesnt mean its got thick enough jacket walls around the cylinders

but why when you could just go pick up a 69-79 years 3970010 or 3970014 4 bolt 010 020 high nickle and tin block for cheap, they are common as hell

http://www.clubhotrod.com/t9845-15-2.html

good luck