Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

running 350

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by LAXandBLAZERS, Oct 20, 2002.

1. LAXandBLAZERS

LAXandBLAZERS 1/2 ton status

Im in need of a running 350 somewhere close to NC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

I've got a 350 that was just rebuilt that I need to sell...one problem though, It's in South Carolina and I am in Japan. If all goes well I should be home for a few weeks in November-December. If you can wait maybe we can work something out. I've got a baby on the way and I need to sell the engine.

3. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

got 2 here, but im a long ways away /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

jackedjimmy- What years are those 350's? How complete are they? How well do they run? How much?

Thanks,
    Chris

5. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

dont know the years for sure, but they were running when pulled. one's a 2 bolt and the others a 4. $100 and $200.

6. 19Jimmy87

19Jimmy87 Registered Member

PLease don't hit me too hard for this question. Explain the difference between a 4 and 2 bolt. What are there applications? why are they different? which one would work bedtter for a Jimmy? I have in the past rebuilt a 289, but I am not an engine guy.

7. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

2 bolt and 4 bolt refer to the number of bolts that attach the main caps. There have been many heated debates over the years about which is stronger. Some say the 4 bolt is better because of the extra clamping force on the main cap. Others say the 2 extra holes in the main webbing of the 4 bolt actually makes it weaker. I have seen a stock 2 bolt block live in a motor making 500 HP and it made 20 dyno runs to 6000 RPM with no problem. Either one will be just fine for what you are needing it for. Just my $.02

Mike

8. Boomer

Boomer Newbie

Well if one thing is for sure all i have is a 305 if ur interested...but do you know any one with a tranny for a 85 chevy..???

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ive got a 1975 350 4 bolt complete and in truck good running and been redonestock or close to stock internally in recent years, needs nothing, has Q jet and HEI, 350 for it.. but is in central IL..

10. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm in VA and have a complete TBI engine for sale. Complete with wiring and computer. Also has all accessories (a/c alt, ps) Its out of an 88 K5.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I can meet you halfway if so..

John