Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

running a little wierd

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Jul 24, 2003.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok here goes been trying to figure this out. The problem seems to be more when the truck is warmed up. Idles real rough at about 450rpm's in Drive. In park it seems to be ok around 650 rpm's.

Also when driving whenever the engine is revving around 1100-1400 it is very rough just enough throttle to maintain the speed..all other rpm's are smooth.

Here are things I have checked
    plugs
    wires
    coil
    pickup coil
    cap & rotor

My autozone doesn't do scanning...only read codes and check a few components off the truck.

Any thoughts, ideas, comments?? Help /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

*********UPDATE****************

tonight when I was driving to work when I stopped it was idling at about 900 in D at a stop sign. Threw it in N and tapped the gas went back down to about 450.............Any new ideas??

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Could be a bunch of stuff: EGR, EGR solenoid, TPS, IAC, vacuum leak, and probably more things I'm forgetting.

Is your speedometer correct? If it's not, then VSS is impacted, that can also cause problems with the injected setups.

Really is a necessity to have access to a scanner and the service manual when having problems. (or, you can throw money at parts, and end up spending more than the cost of scanner/manual) If you've got access to a laptop, you can use that of course.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

that idle is low in park and drive...it should idle about 650 in drive and maybe a little higher in park due to no load...if you can adjust your idle on the injection, try that for starters....

4. MTBLAZER89

where do I adjust my idle at?

5. MTBLAZER89

anybody??

TTT for the morning browsers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif