Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

running gear?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Sep 26, 2000.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Anyone know what kinda of running gear is beneath the New S@#& Duty FURD 250-350 series lawn orniments? Basically would it be worth my time to get under one and start stock piling stuff for my K5?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

First of all I'm not a F%*D fan, but I had an open mind one day and had a good look at those bad boys. Dana 50 front on the 250SD and the sterling 10.25" rear. The 350SD has the Dana 60 and the Sterling 10.25" rear. If you could order it without the blue oval on the front and a 6.0 Liter Chev V-8 I would buy it today! Just think 4" of lift and you can run 38" tires [​IMG]
    I believe the lowest gear you can order is 4.30:1

Do ya think Chevy will ever wise up and offer a solid front axle again?(crossing fingers)

Rene

[​IMG]

3. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I believe the Dana 60s are only available in the F-450 and F-550 S-Dutys...the F-350 still has a Dana 50!!!

ken

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I will keep my fingers crossed that they will. I am not a "blue puddle" fan in the least. My dad has a wrecked F250 and a two rolled F350's sitting on the far end of our company lot. They were used as test vehicles for something, Icouldnt tell you if I knew anyway. They are are just doing what Fords do best sit, and gather rust. He asked me if I would like to strip anything before he parts them out to the local yard. I have an open mind, some things you just shouldnt open your wallet to.

5. tRustyK5

Sorry dude, the truck I was looking at was the F250SD and when I asked the salesman, he told me the 350 came with the Dana 60. Thats what I get for listening to a salesman[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

BTW, what is the difference between a Dana 50 and 60? All my comments are made in jest , please dont take offense. Anyone who has, sorry. Chevy just makes the best stuff around and if you cant come to grips with it there are programs I can try to set you up with. Denial is not your friend. :)

7. tRustyK5

So is your Dad a professional Ford killer?[​IMG] How do ya get a cool job like that? [​IMG]
    If I were you I'd break out the wrenches and scoop those up. The price is definitely right!

<font color=green>Rene</font color=green> (green with envy[​IMG])

[​IMG]

8. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

We do a lot of Gov. contracts for defense. It looks like something fell on one of the F350's. The F250, as far as I can gather, looks like it was hit a 2 ton or a 6x6. They are civilian trucks, but they have the generic white paint on them. I have seen a lot of wrecked stuff in the hangers over the years.