Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

running keroseine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5dreamer, Apr 1, 2007.

1. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

its late so im tired and ill be quick, but anyone with a diesel that had heard about running kerosine in their rig, you can. and at least in my case, it actually made the truck run better. certainly no more power, in fact from the ratings ive seen, you loose power, but the truck has never run this smoothly or had such a sensitive throttle responce. i didnt do a full tank, probly 2.5 gallons of kerosine to 6.5 gallons diesel. ran it, then topped off with good ol number 2. dunno if its only the military diesels that can get away with it, or if its all diesels. but thought id share my experience with yall.

2. slyguy_22

slyguy_22 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

my budy and his dad own there own trucking company, and they run a mix of kero everyonce and awhile. they say its like running super in ur truck once and a while to clean out the crap. no performance gains though

3. lar300mag

lar300mag 1/2 ton status

Some of the tugs I work around (offshore) uses Kerosine to clean fuel lines or injectors before a tear down, but they also use #2 fuel just to start and warm up the engines, then switch over to #6 fuel oil to run on. Then again the engines are the size of most of our trucks, the ones on my boat, Cat 3516, are rated at 1700 h.p. at 1600 rpm each. Just though I would share a bit useless info...