Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Running Problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big_bad_blazer, Jun 10, 2003.

1. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

I did a little highway driving and it was fine in the beginning i parked a the beach, and proceeded to swim. After I was content. then my girl and i hoped in the blazer and fired it up and pressed on the peddle and it was kind of sputtering. it does not want to go it just feels like it is sputtering on the beginning when I put her in gear and try to go. it also runs really hard. I just drove it home ad i do not dare drive it right now. it will die. What other info can I give you hmmm? The engine is good it has be running good for 1/2 a year now ever since I put it in until now it is a 406. You think that something might have blown back in the exost. I replaced the spark plugs. Well that is all that I really have to say right now if you need any other info so that you guys could help me just ask. plz help me out i would love to get the blaz ruing again so I could do some crawling.

2. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

hard to say from the description, was it running bad no matter what throttle position you where at? have you checked the simple stuff like cap+rotor, spark plug wires burned or disconnected, sticking choke on carb? is it smoking a lot when it is running?

3. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

yes it is smokeing alot when i un it
    it seems to run fine right when i start it but after i put it in gear it starts greting really rough and dies. and when it has ran a bit it doesnt matter if i try to start it it is really hard to start after it dies and is hard to keep going i do not dare drive it. plz help me out thanks

4. JustHorsinArownd

JustHorsinArownd Registered Member

Choke stuck closed??

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

filling out your profile would really help us out...but what year/motor is the vehicle? if its tbi, id give a look at the EGR system and throttle position sensor..maybe o2 sensors too