Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rust Bullet on Body?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Nov 4, 2006.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

Well i contacted Rust Bullet about a Military Discount and the hooked me up pretty good. I have 2 Gallons on its way to my house. I was wondering, Can i apply it with a Brush, or will it leave brush strokes? I want to cover my whole Body with it. I will prep the body, but i dont have access to a paint booth or sprayer. Thanks.

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

rent a paint booth for a day? no access means you dont own one or their isnt one anywhere around?... there's a company that sells pressurized air and a small tank you can fill with paint to paint... or rent a paint sprayer from a rental store..

3. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

what size compressor would i need to run a paint gun? If i can get by with something around 3.5HP i can do that.

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

5. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

I've done the interior of my wife's FJ40, and just completed the interior of my '61 Buick. RustBullet will leave brush strokes; it is not a self-leveling paint. Instructions say not to spray using compressed air, as RustBullet would react with the moisture in compressed air.

6. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Their application guide doesn't say anything about not using compressed air. It just says to use an effective moisture trap.