Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rust Bullet (Opinions please)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazer86, May 12, 2005.

1. trailblazer86

trailblazer86 1/2 ton status

Has anyone here tried the Rust Bullet that is advertised on this site?

My frame is going to the sandblaster’s next week. He has offered to paint the frame and I would like to try the Rust Bullet.

Any likes or dislikes? Will it keep the road salt away?

This paint is very expensive. I see no sense experimenting when other already have the results.

Thanks

2. 4wheelin4Jesus

4wheelin4Jesus 1/2 ton status

I bought a small can to test it. My 4 wheeler racks were in rough shape with rust, and needed a new paint job, so i figured id give the rust bullet a shot. The stuff is awsome. Very easy to use. Can be brushed on, or sprayed on. I painted it on the rack. It sealed the metal really well. I painted over it, and they look great. The only thing with brushing it on it that it doesnt smooth out well. So, I bought a gallon of it, and a gravity spray gun, and im going to hit the floor pans, and the underside of my jimmy. Hope this helps.
    God bless.

3. 6.2LTrailblazer84

6.2LTrailblazer84 1/2 ton status

Can you get rust bullet at auto parts stores? Or do you have to order it or get it from some body shop or something?

4. Bunker Buster

Bunker Buster Registered Member

I've used it on some of my tractor parts that were rusty to begin with and I have nothing but good to say about it. I blasted a battery box that was pretty rusty and then coated it. That was roughly 6 months ago. I haven't had a chance to paint it yet, because the rest of the body panels aren't ready. However, it looks just as good as the day I layed it down. A fellow club member cloated his floor board with RB, then coated it with bed coating and has been very pleased.

If you go to your local swap meets, you mind find an individual vendor there. Otherwise, you're stuck with ordering over the net.

5. 6.2LTrailblazer84

Thanks for the response, Bunker Buster. When you applied the rust bullet did it seem to go as far as it says it does on the website? Or do you think you need to buy more than they recommend for a given area of square footage?

6. Bunker Buster

Bunker Buster Registered Member

I brushed it on, as did my buddy and in my opinion, it goes as far, if not farther than they quote. To coat the entire floor board of a '79 K10, it took less than half a quart.

7. 6.2LTrailblazer84

Awsome! Sounds good. Thanks again. :D

8. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

Body Shop post

In the Body Shop forum there is a discussion of Rust Bullet vs. POR-15.

I ordered a pint of Rust Bullet this week, can't wait to try it.

Here's a link to the Body Shop post...link