Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rust bullet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Apr 5, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    What do you guys and girls think about rust bullet. There is a ad for it on the home page of CK5.com.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Awesome stuff, I did the entire frame of my K5 with it and as soon as it is out of the shop and I can power wash the whole underside I am gonna do the whole underside of the body! It is expensive and dont get this stuff on your skin cuz the only thing that will get it off is time! I did jsut a single coat of it on my daily driver with very little to no prep and it lasted over 2 years! I did lots of prep and 3 coats on my K5 so Im thinking it should last much longer this time.

3. adamforsythe

Hello,
    Where did you get it and how much is it?
    I am looking into doing my whole under side of my new K5 in it (NOT the tranny, engine, driveshaft, axles. That stuff will just get paint). I want to do my frame and body. floor pans
    Thanks
    Adam

4. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I just got the stuff from a local body shop paint store. I think I paid like $40something for a pint of it. I do think its worth the money though, especially on something like an older vehicle that you are trying to preserve. But you know what, im an idiot! haha. i jsut realized you were asking about rust bullet, the stuff I use is called por-15. i have heard good things of rust bullet though, just have not used it personally. Sorry for the confusion! The reason i did not use rust bullet is you can only get it in silver, so unless you want a silver undercarriage you hafta paint over it. You can get por-15 in different collors of black anyway including an oem chassis black. I used the regular black first and then went over that with the chassis paint.

5. adamforsythe

Hello,
    I will check out por-15.
    Thanks
    Adam

6. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

A better alternative is either Zero Rust or Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator. Both are superior to POR-15, and safer to apply as well.