Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RUST FREE 2WD K5 doesn't need any drivetrain, just a staight....

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by jjlaughner, May 22, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

RUST FREE 2WD K5 doesn\'t need any drivetrain, just a staight....

Just a straight and rust free frame and body (on rolling chassie of course). Dont really have cash in hand but I'm putting out some feelers... my offroad truck is getting closer to done, now I'm thinking about a street/strip K5 (DD, offroader and a drag racer in the driveway would be nice).

Any year, would like to be full convertable but I also really like the quad headlight setups of the 87's. Since I dont think they made 2wd in 87 and I have most of the pieces for a front clip change. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I'll take any year. Of course the cheaper the better. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Let me know what ya got!

2. jjlaughner

Re: RUST FREE 2WD K5 doesn\'t need any drivetrain, just a staight....

You west coast and south west coast guys keep your eyes open at the junk yards. If there's one with a bad motor/tranny whatever I might be making a trip out there next year with a trailer /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Check my post in the for sale forum /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. jjlaughner

I like stepsides dont get me wrong, but I'm looking for another blazer /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Sounds like a cool looking truck though, @$800 it shouldn't last long /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

PM, mountainexplorer. He has a 2wd K5 (or did before he started cleaning up his property). If you were interested in it he would probably be willing to hold it for a while and I can probably bring it out to MN later on.

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

The one I have is too far gone to be put back together. All thats left is a 2wd K5 frame and beat up rusty body with a lost title. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. jjlaughner

I got an email today from a guy named Mike sent me a pic of one and DAMN ITs SWEET! its a 72 2wd, but its already mostly done so its got to be out of my price range. I'm mainly doing this for a winter project. Light body work and paint, then I'll start collecting parts for a big motor. I got a buddy that has a spare 454 block he was going to build a 427 for his camaro and ended up with a 468 or higher BB motor. I'm thinking of building a rat motor and making it a drag truck. 3 link in the back with a ford 9", got another buddy that I'm trying to pry a 400 out of his truck (he's a drag racer too and wants to keep it) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif.

the money is not here for it now (esp since I'm finishing the offroad blazer #2), but I'm hoping to find something this summer/fall to start on if the project rusty bucket is further along.

So keep your eyes open /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well, if you ever get to the point you want to start frame-up, I have the 2wd K5 frame and rear springs and front suspension minus rotors. I'd give it to you if you could haul it off, but we already know that such a task is impossible (distance-wise).

Good luck on the project. That '72 would be nice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I saw a nice '72 K5 at the Portland swap meet, lowered, really nice body... they had like a $10,000 price tag on it. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Hopefully you can get a decent deal on the one you know of. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. jjlaughner

10. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

How much you wanna spend cuz there's one here in Az I was close to buying before I got my current.

The guy says it starts, its an 81 with no body damage its just real dirty, the interior will definitely need to be redone. Its sitting there with no for sale sign, I just saw it one day and asked, he wants to sell it but not in hurry. He wanted 2k obo for it.. Its a good deal to me since theres no body work to do, no rust and it runs.. Interior complete but it has that nasty saddleback lookalike upholstery.

11. jjlaughner

Out of my price range (and a little far away) right now, but if I had a job, pending pics, I'd be interested.
    If he comes down and I find a job soon /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    I'll check back with if nothing closer/cheaper turns up.

Do you know if its a 305/350? It doesn't really matter, I'd probley pull it out and sell it. I'd like a plain rolling chassie because I'll start from scratch including a painless wiring kit and a BB. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif