Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rust free bodies available in Iowa

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigk, Jan 5, 2002.

1. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I think I posted this a few months ago, but there may be some more interest. Rust Free Auto Parts in Fairfax, Iowa gets truck bodies, K5's, Burbs, even some f3@ds. They have a site: www.rustfreeparts.com

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

www.geocities.com/rizmonkey

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Aren't they real expensive though?

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

4. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Tim, I believe the last time I checked, a complete Blazer body with a full interior was between 3 and 4 g's. Complete pickup bodies are similarly priced.

Karl
    87 3/4 ton

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Rust free in Iowa.....Rare but interesting concept.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>BLAZER PICS</a>

6. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Well, they're imported from the south. I guess they have a pretty good source, they always seem to have a good selection.

Karl
    87 3/4 ton

7. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I called a place like that once, in fact I think it was that place. The guy on the phone said only 800-1000 bucks for a K5 body. He says you order it and then it takes a couple of weeks to get them here from Texas I think. It may have been another business though.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

8. PAVEVENT SUCKS

PAVEVENT SUCKS Registered Member

Id like to thank you for the post Im looking for a new tub for my 80 k5 before i paint it,Im only an hour and a half away from there,&amp; never heard about it!

9. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

There is also another place in Fairfax that deals in southern bodies. I can not remember the name of the place, but they are about a 1/2 mile south of Rust Free on Hwy 151. Have not delt with them to know their prices.

10. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Guessing from the pics these arent collisions either (why would you junk a truck that just has a front end smack?) Probably buying up whole trucks and parting them out. Someone in Tx takes the drivetrain and sells it and these guys do the body....I would be intrested to run some of the VIN's and see if they are legit Something just dosent seem right here?!?!? Call me paranoid but.....

DRIVE IT LIKE ITS YOUR BOSSES!!!
    Luke
    84 K5

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I dunno, they seem to have a huge stock pile of parts. add to that they are actively advertising and it doesn't sound like a shady deal to me. At least now we know why good body parts are hard to find when there's places like this stock piling every decent part to be found from the South...

We have a guy here that does that with 73 and up Chevy's...and he's almost cornered the local market for parts for these trucks, at least he's made it much harder to not buy from him.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

12. MRBIGBLOCK

MRBIGBLOCK 1/2 ton status

hey dudes in the SOUTH you can buy a CK-RV body style with light front sheet metal damage for $700-1000. dudes up NORTH RUSTY LAND buy the bodies and haul em up north. i have bought several around the mid-south area. the stuff dont rot out around here. and is too old to fix. so we dismantle them for salvage. this place has been in bussiness for years. and have a good reputation for good clean high priced stuff.

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

There is also a place just north of Minneapolis, MN that does the same deal. I can get the contack info if anyone is interested.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

14. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Yeah, and alot of times the trucks just have a zillion miles on them, so the running gear has given out and you know the majority of tha world just buys a newer truck instead of rebuilding. That leaves decent bodies for those of us who want them. Remember Project Big Blaze on TRUCKS! TV? That rig was an 88 with almost 300K and they got it for $1600. Well if you could sell the running gear for anything at all, and then sell the complete rust free body for 2 or 3 grand, that sounds like a profitable situation to me. Personally, I'll probably just put new floors in mine and what little fender work it needs, but if I still had my 84, which was a COMPLETE rust bucket, I'd consider a body swap.

Karl
    87 3/4 ton

15. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Bull$hit! [​IMG] Rust free and old is almost non-existent around here. When I stop and chit chat with some one who has a nice truck, its usually that they had it redone or got it out of state. They must be finding the real odd ball stuff. I have to get pictures of my '81 some day. The driver's bedside is about ready to fall off below the body line. That poor old truck is on its last leg [​IMG]. Anyways, thought I'd throw in my two cents because everything here that gets used is rusty.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>The Blazer Boy Page</a>

16. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Hey genius, try reading the whole post before you respond. This company ships bodies from the south for sale in the Midwest.

Karl
    87 3/4 ton