Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rust free cabs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jayccb, Jun 14, 2004.

1. jayccb

jayccb Registered Member

Has anybody dealt with a place called Clarkes Southern Truck Parts? They are based in Ontario and offer blazer bodies as well as other truck parts. I would like to hear if anybody knows anything about them before I try them.
    Thamks /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

They're very expensive, I know that.

3. jayccb

jayccb Registered Member

Any idea how much? I saw a fiberglass cab for $6000. That's too much.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch !! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You could fly to Arizona , buy a whole rust free truck , and drive home cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch !! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You could fly to Arizona , buy a whole rust free truck , and drive home cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but that option will soon be exhausted since more and more people are bringing trucks from out west to the rust belt for their certain demise.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I agree--If I were to drive to arizona(or anywhere else)for a rust free cab and body---I'd STAY there,then I'd never have to watch my truck rot away in 5 years ever again!. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

southern truck parts in IMLAY city MICH.thats wear i found mine. absolutly rust free TEXAS trucks.(some do have dents in the back).but i only paid a $1000.00 with a complete interier. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. bga

bga Registered Member

A bit off topic, but I just picked up a new truck cab from my local salvage yard for $300. No rust, no dents, all glass. Only downside was that the drivers door was scrap because of the way the truck was wrecked.

It took me about a month to find, but after looking hard enough I found this one as a winner.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

A local salvage yard near me had bought a whole fleet of U-Haul trucks from arizona a few years back,too bad they were all 1972-1978 Fords--but the ford nuts almost had a fist fight over them,they sold 20+cabs in about a months time--was there today,and I found one that must have been impossible to get too cause it was still there--still pretty rust free even still, for sitting in a junkyard in new england.
    My shopping trip was cut short due to rain /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif--I want to go back and see if I can find that dodge army truck full of hummer rims!I did see a burb with 8 lug SF axle,D44 front,a 6.2 burb complete,and several K-5's,a few looked like they had newly installed lift kits and springs!And that dodge might be a one ton D60.Got to move quickly now that scrap is up--they dont hold onto any old stuff very long anymore-- /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif