Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rust free k5 *DELETED*

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 4x4k20, Apr 3, 2002.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by 4x4k20

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Re: rust free k5

Yes it is true, depending on the year. However....contrary to popular belief, it does rain, snow, sleet, hail, etc in AZ. Beware, just because some says it's from Arizona, it may not be "rust free". If there is one for sale, it's likely that someone local already bought it....

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

See my webpage/forums/images/icons/smile.gif - I have to admit though, there was rust on it, a spot about the size of a quarter on the passenger floorboard that took me nearly 5 minutes to wire brush down to shiny metal and repaint. $5500 takes it home.

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

on another very important note, not all blazers/trucks originate from Arizona... my 77 C20 has quite a remarkable amount of rust on it... from what I've traced on window stickers, and whatnot, it lived in northern CA initialy, then moved to coastal texas...

on the other hand, my 1977 C20 pickup I had before this burb was an AZ born truck, and had only some surface rust where a camper had rubbed through the foam padding on the tops of the bed rails. other hten that, it had original factory paint.

-Rich