Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rust free, running, gas or diesel K5 wanted from Southern/Southwestern state...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by PhoenixZorn, Jun 19, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Mar 17, 2005
    I know most of you know my situation by now... I'm out a good blazer due to fire, and I'm trying to out myself on a crappy blazer that I thought would get me by. So, I would like you guys to find me a West/Southwest Rust free and running K5... The year is not important, though I would like a full top year so I can go convertible in summer. Any first gen or 82-91 is fine. I am not really liking the whole 73-80 front clip style, but I love the double headlight front clips of the newer models. The earlier ones fill my socks, and I'd just love to have one to build as a show truck. I know they are rare finds, and rarer as a rust free body especially with all you guys looking for them yourselves...

I am currently at the point where I don't care if it is gas or diesel, as long as it runs and doesn't seem like it's going to die next time I hit the skinny pedal. If it's a manual, a good clutch is a must, and transfer cases don't really matter much, since I currently have two 208s and a 205, the 205 being attached to a broken TH350. I am looking to spend between $1000 and $3000 but the body must be rust free. It will be living in Wisconsin for the rest of its life, and it will be well cared for, but starting with a rusted truck up here is like starting with a Toys-R-Us BMX bike when you want to compete in races.... you don't get very far. The engine is not so important, though I would like it to be able to make the drive from whatever Southern/Southwestern state to southern Wisconsin. If it dies as I pull into the driveway, so be it... it will give me time to get an engine rebuilt and do any maintenance stuff on it.

So here's how I'd like it to be done... if you know of a truck in your area that is for sale and in good condition, alter your path from work to check it out for me... but don't go out of your way. Ask if you can test drive it if the owner is available, and if you would buy it, get a few pics and the phone number so I can call the owner.

Again, I don't want to inconvenience anyone... I just think this is the best way for me to find a truck... people on e-bay want way too much for the crap they have - including me I think - and shopping locally (your local, not my local) seems to be the most logical way for me to find a rust free vehicle.

I would also be interested in a K20 pickup or burb or K30 pickup in the same year and price range... but Blazers are what I really want. Thanks in advance guys...