Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rust in tailgate hinge area..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Mar 28, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well on my truck the sides of the bed wear the tailgate hinges to is all rusted out...and there is nothing to mount the tailgate "socket hinge things" whatever you call them, to!..how did any one fix this...is there a peice i can by that will fix this..its kind of anoying cuase the rest of my bed is all solid but for this..and i cant put a tailgate on becuase of it..and i just got a new tailgate for it.

2. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

just bought a blazer and the same darn thing happened so i bought a 3x3 piece of steel tubeing and got out the welder if i knew how to post pics i would show you or give me a email address and i will send some

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I need to do the same. It's a real pain to try to get my gate to close as things are now. Not cool for a grocery getter /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    Rusty Tailgate Hinge Repair

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i have a pickup truck though..im just talking abouit the sides of the bed were the gate arms are...

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i have a pickup truck though..im just talking abouit the sides of the bed were the gate arms are...

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I forgot that you have a pickup now. Oops! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

no prob lol..i think im just ganna patch some medal in there..that should do it..