Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rust neutralizers, any good ones

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, May 27, 2001.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of a good rust neutralizer? Or has anyone used the zink enriched self etching primer? I am fixing all of the surface rust and cant get into all of the nooks and crannies. I have tried the spray on kind from places like wal mart ect but I have never had good luck with it. I have already checked out por 15 and I want somthing with not so many steps and maby a little cheaper..im not looking for perfection.

2. Bowtied

Bowtied Registered Member

I tried some cheaper stuff and didnt have good results.
    Had a little surface rust on one of mt rockers, I cleaned it up, used some walmart pour on rust converter stuff and guess what, It did'nt keep the rust down for even 4 months! Your right, POR 15 is exspensive but it does work as advertized.

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

When it comes to fighting rust...you need close to perfection or you'll be doing it again. Eastwood has "Corroless" they say works really well, plus several other products: http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

4. lukerz

lukerz 1/2 ton status

With por 15, applying directly to rust is ok as long as it is free of grease and dirt. If applying directly to bare metal you will need to apply metal ready. The marine clean is great for cleaning the surface. I too have tried other products and have been disappointed. Good luck in your search.
    Lukers

83 K10 from 76 K5 & 83 C10
    Th350 Np203 355 CID
    31 X 10.5
    Plan on 2" body lift

5. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

On Trucks TV this weekend the guys mentioned something called Miracle Paint which is a rust inhibitor type of paint that they say can be applied directly to rust to stop it in it's tracks. Made by Hirsch Automotive 800-

6. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

On Trucks TV this weekend the guys mentioned something called Miracle Paint which is a rust inhibitor type of paint that they say can be applied directly to rust to stop it in it's tracks. Made by Hirsch Automotive 800-828-2061.