Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rust-oleum

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, Mar 18, 2003.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

I have seen the posts about the herculiner, duplicolor, etc... coatings in the interior. Has anyone used the rustoleum truck bed coating that has the rubber particles in it? Does it last or does it wear out quickly?

2. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Ive done it just a few weekends ago. I even did the bumpers, and havent sliped yet when climbing under the hood. I like the feel and coated the handle of my highlift. It has even took the road noise down a few Dbs and some of the mysterious rattling has dissapeared. My tool box stays put as well. So far so good for only 4 bucks a can and it took two cans fora good coat of the bed. We will see if it holds up.

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

BTW I used the genaric stuff at our krogers hardware store.

4. georgiared84

5. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Rustoleum is a 2 part epoxy? If that's the case, especially at that price, I'm gonna have to get some. We just did the flatbed for our brush truck in Duplicolor and I was waiting to see how it holds up.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. georgiared84

Yeah, That's why I was interested in that kit. They show up on ebay all the time. I figured for less than 30 plus shipping that's not bad considering duplicolor is 40 a gallon. I also liked the rubber particals. I'm doing the whole floor , and that looks like it would help with all the rattling noises from my tools and stuff. I don't know how well it will wear, but with being the two part epoxy it should stick well. I wonder if it holds up to UV well.

7. georgiared84

8. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

My buddy herculinered his floor. Its great until you have to crawl uner the dash to work on someting. That Sh!t is like sand paper! I would imagine something like the rustoleum with rubber in it would be a little more forgiving to the skin /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

My roommate duplicolored his bed in his toyota and he actually ended up putting his plastic bedliner back in after about a month b/c the duplicolor chipped off in a lot of areas. He spent quite a while prepping (sanding and cleaning) the bed first too so I know that wasn't the reason. In additon he doesn't use his bed heavily either. Just an FYI, take it for what it is.