Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rust on spindle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dysphemism, Apr 2, 2002.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

DOH! I left for a trip to cancun last friday for my colleges spring break. I was working on my D60 getting it ready to swap in, I finished most of the passenger side down to the spindle, but ran out of time. I put a towel over the spindle (im working on it outside) and then tied it on with rubber bands, then left for my trip. I guess my dog must have pulled the towel off of it, because when I came home there was rust all over the spindle. Basically is it toast or not? It was in the sun for about a week I'd say. Also on a side note the Chevy trucks in Mexico suck, and they still make ram chargers.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

If it was only for a week I can't see there being anything more than surface rust...just wire brush it and bolt it in....
    When I am going to leave something out I put some marine greese on it and wrap it in plastic wrap.

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

You should still be o.k. as long as it's just surface rust. Wipe it down with some steel wool and inspect it really good for pitting. After only a week it really shouldn't be bad.