Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rust Prevention

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84mudmachine, Jan 27, 2004.

1. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

I plan on doing something to the under part of the blazer, but I would like to get some suggestion on how to clean the surface rust and what to put on it to keep it from rusting. I don't want to tare it down to do so. Thanks, Rick

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

sandblast it and por15 everything when you're done. that will last for a long time

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

And if you feel like being lazy, you can just get the POR-15 prep stuff and just clean it really good and apply POR-15 over the rust.

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

OSPHO... I dono really know if thats the correct spelling but thats what its called and thats the brand name other brands call it phosho, Is mainly phosphoric acid and BTW the darker green the better

put it on bare metal and let it dry, it will take 24hours to compltely dry and will leave a white powdery stuff left over you can leave it at that or wash it with dawn soap then hit it with paint
    1other thing it also helps turn rust back into metal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advise, I'll check out por-15 to see what they have. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif