Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rust problems....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustBuket, Jul 15, 2004.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I was just thinking that I have my truck to a good point mechanically and now would like to start working on the body a little bit just to get rid of some of the major rust. Where is a good place to get new panels/doors/tailgates from? I have a limited buget so take that into mind. Thanks for all your help. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

LMC truck sells everything you need. You can order a catalog form there web site for free. They are a bit expensive, you might look in junk yards in the desert areas such as AZ. They are more likely to have rust free parts. Good luck. I just cut all my rust off w/ the sawzall and let the trail do all my body work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. oilburner

oilburner Registered Member

Depending on what you want to replace your parts with, I would look into 2 places. The first is LMC Truck - They produce a very complete catalog for Blazers. Also, there is a company called US BODY SOURCE if you want to go the 'glass route (not cheap stuff, but very nice and durable, and NO RUST EVER AGAIN). Both places are on the web. Good Luck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Too bad you weren't closer . A local here in AZ is selling a whole 84 tub and frame (roller) for 650.00 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Wow, a whole rust free blazer.... that would be great! Too bad I live in Canada. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

Napa in town has cheap body panels. Around 100 for doors, 70 for front fenders but 300 for rear quarters. Those are rough prices I can't remember exactly. He said that if your not in a hurray and can wait a couple for weeks for some more orders shipping is free.

7. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Well, tomorrow morning I'm going out welder shopping. I guess I'll see if I can patch mine up if I can get a good deal. If not I may be hittin up Napa. Thanks.