Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rust repair panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Aug 3, 2001.

I traded for this 75 jimmy 3 days ago.I was so happy to be getting the thing I did'nt bother to look under it as good as I should have!
    Here's the problem 75's have floor braces that run under the floor from fron to rear and attach to the floor in differant locations.It looks totaly differant than my 82 did.
    The pass side is ok but the drivers side panels are rusted and falling off.Also where they attach to the front body mount their toast.
    Does any one know much about these year K5's floor structure?And if any one makes replacement's for these items?
    I've looke throgh my LMC book,my CHEYENNE parts books and found nota on the parts.Hell I even looked through the JC Whitney book!
    Does any body have any pics of what their suppose to look like.
    I knew it needed some sheet metal work but it did'nt look that bad,I've always wanted a K5 like this but I'm a little bumed about it now.I just need some help,I know there's something out there to fix my problem.
    Thanks

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Can you tear the whole piece out including the rockers and replace with the custom rocksliders like Project Vehicle -Moneypit?

Dave

If You Drink Don't Park, Accidents Cause People.

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

2. They're further buck next to the frame.They tie to the floor in diff spots for suport when the top is off.

3. Some one with a 73-75 help.

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>You mean rocker boxes? There are what hold the firewall up since you have no roof. Nobody makes replacements, you will have to have a shop make you a set or try and fix what you have. </font color=blue>

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Check out Grims web page, he had to replace his. My 75 was in good shape in that area, so I didn't have to mess with em.

<a target="_blank" href=http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com>fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com</a>

6. Thanks fellas,I'll check his site.