Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rust sucks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by limey, Mar 25, 2003.

1. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

Finally getting to the body work. In the front passenger side floor board there is a rust circle pushing up where the body mount is. Dose that mean the buntings are bad because they look good from below, and it’s the only one pushing up. Or dose it need to be tightened up. Going to replace the rusted patch tonight. Is any thing connected to the floor right their or not. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Thanks jonathan

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dont think anything is connected to the floor...the mounts are attached at the core supprts which are welded to the rocker panals..

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

man if thats the only rust you have then you got it made, sounds like you need a new cab mount panel piece installed probably, hard to say without seeing it

good luck

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

My poor burban has been through surgery many times(Good ol Michigan salt and mud), I am contemplating a hummer conversion kit or a mint sec gen Texas burban body(Texas is the Burban capitol of the world)
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Yea a texas body sure would be nice. I had no floor from the rear seats back. All that was there was the rubber floor mat! Hence the reason for hacking it from the doors back and "Kustomizing" it! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

i have bin trying to find a sight for the hummer conversion but all the sights seem to be shut down.

7. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i have bin trying to find a sight for the hummer conversion but all the sights seem to be shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Urban Gorilla /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif