Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Sep 2, 2001.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

I have an 84 blazer with rust on the bottom. it is rusted along the same as they all usually do. mostly around the bottom of the doors. I remember awhile back seeing some replacement part that could be welded on where the body mount is. also is sanblasting a good idea and anyone know of one in nyc.

2. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

If you don't already have them, order the LMC Trucks and JCWhitney catalogs. They have a lot of rust repair and replacement body panels that can be welded on, but I'm not sure if that is what you were asking for.

Four wheel drive, four wheel expenses...

3. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

JC Whitney sells them, I'm sure others do too. But make sure you check your body mounts too - I need to replace my rocker panels, but before I do, I've got to get 2 new rear body mounts to replace the swiss cheese that's there right now. Course I'm doing rocker panels like depdog, so I need the extra support. The regular rockers don't rely on the body mounts I don't think. But they're cheap, and since you're gonna be under there anyway...

4. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

the part that lmc sells does the original need to be cut first?