Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rusted Panels available????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen_md, Apr 16, 2002.

1. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

I have a 90 k5 and the panel where the seatbelt mounts on the side of the truck closest to the floor is rotting out does anyone make a replacement panel for there or will I have to do some custom fabs?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

To the best of my knowledge nobody makes that piece. I used a piece of 10 gauge ( .131" thick) mild steel plate for that corner. Where the seat belt bolts I drilled a hole and welded a nut on the backside of the new piece. The floor area under there is where the body mount is so I tied it into the body mount support.

Rene

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Had to almost exactly the same thing as Rusty. And I can confirm that no one makes the part. You'd have to replace the entire damn tub. Just scab in a piece of sheetmetal/plate.

Hey Rusty...Since your one of the other fabbers in here, You see the finished and powder coated bumper I made? Check out the link in my sig. There are some pics there. Only thing left is the winch. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, I saw it a few days ago...looks heavy, but well built.

Rene

5. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

lol......It is delicious overkill at its finest. it's somewhere between 170-180lbs. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif