Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rusted rear spring mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

On 76 k-10 I have the rear spring mounts on the frame are rusted through one both sides. Is there an easy solution other than going to the junk yard and cutting some off another frame. The one side is side back it scares me to haul a load on it.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

used or new..

You MIGHT be able to still buy new ones from GM,I haven't bought any in years,but last time I did they were about 30 bucks.....try a Chevy dealers parts dept.. OR you could get used ones from a junkyard..

I happen to be scrapping a 73 K10 frame,its been sitting in my yard since 1994!--I'm cutting it up tommorrow!-and the spring hangers are in useable shape.. :whistle: ..want me to save them??...might cost as much as new ones to ship to you though.. :doah:

If I had a better back and more ambition,I'd have used that frame and the running gear off the 74 K20 I junked a few months ago to make my 79 C10 a 4x4..but I wasn't up to that big of a task anymore..getting too old for that kind of stuff.. :( :crazy:

Edit!!..I just remembered one hanger,the frontmost one for the rear spring is cut off on one side at the shackle bolt!--so I'd only have one available anyway... :mad: :doah: :crazy:

3. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

check lmc

4. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

thanks guys, I checked my with my parts guy at the dealership, turns out GM still makes them, it was $60 our cost each. Thanks for suggesting to check that.