Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rusty bed

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by hans999999, Jun 29, 2005.

1. hans999999

hans999999 1/2 ton status

well my bed is rusted out and there are some holes in my cab floor of my k5 i want to cut out the bed and replace it with some sheetmetal and patch the holes. i was wondering what gauge (18?) i should use and if anyone knows where i can get it. iam in connecticut so if anyone knows a good place around here thatd be great.

thanks
    hans

2. 79silverado

79silverado Registered Member

I swear a few days ago there was someone in central CT somewhere selling a whole bedfloor on ebay looked in really good shape too, said he bought it for one he was restoring and never got around to it. Might be the easiest option for you, I remember from looking @ the pics that it was complete from rear crossmember for the tailgate all the way up to where the floor steps downward. Also, when I redid a 91 there was a place that sold floor sections in the Meriden area, just not sure where... was maybe 20 minutes from I91 but again that was 4-5 yrs back.... maybe search up that ebay floor first then go from there?

3. blackls1z

blackls1z Registered Member

I actually picked up this floor you speak of today. Its in real good shape....much better then that one I have on the truck now (wouldn't take much :haha: ). Now I just need to gather some other items that have rusted on the ole girl.