Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rusty blazer

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by Txchevy18, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Txchevy18

Txchevy18 1/2 ton status

Well I just Bought a 83 K5 Blazer 1ton. Which seem to be in good shape overall but has some pretty bad rust. I have never done body work and I figure Id rather learn to do it myself than pay some one to do it. I have a pretty good knowledge of paint since I use to do finshes on custom cabients, but that was wood and this is sheet metal. I have almost zero experince on body work any good tips and trick yall can clue me in as well as other websites or good books on the subject. Also the owner had purchased 6 quarts of rust bullet and 2 quarts of Black shell(?) that I got as well. Any experice with this can I paint over it or lay bedliner on top of it?

Well heres a few pic to give you an idea of what im working with. Keep in mind I plan on changing the suspension and trimming fenders to run 40's. Also figuring sq tubing for the rockers any links to this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i have a few bodies i would sell you :D

3. Txchevy18

Txchevy18 1/2 ton status

Hmmm... Well I wasnt planing on a complete body swap but that could eliminate a few problems. Tell ya what send me a few pics of a good body you have and what you would want for it,as well as what year it is.Maybe we can do a partial trade or something for those tires..