Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rusty floor on the '73

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stu454, Oct 8, 2003.

1. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Rusty floor on the \'73

I need to conduct a more thorough check, but it looks like the floorboards are shot in the '73 K5. Since she'll be a trail rig and I'm thinking of calling her 'Ugly', appearance is not important. However, keeping things from falling through onto the trail is!

What suggestions do y'all have for what to do? I have access to line-fed welders and cutting torchs.

Can I cut out the old floor and weld in some type of plates to replace them?

Thanks for the input. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Re: Rusty floor on the \'73

if you can afford it just weld some dimand plate in over the whole tub. It would keep stuff from falling out and look really cool too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Nick

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Get in touch w/ Grim-reaper, he built his own floor and is northwest of you.

4. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    if you can afford it just weld some dimand plate in over the whole tub. It would keep stuff from falling out and look really cool too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Neat idea!

5. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Well, it is confirmed. The floorboards under the front seats and the rockers are rusted out. So it looks like I'll be welding in some replacement plates.

Question - Have any of you ever bought panels from rustrepair.com? They listed replacement floorpans at $25 each. Didn't sound bad, but I'd love some input from you folks.

Thanks.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

just go get some regualr sheet medal..not sure what guage..and cut it and weld it in there..i have ot do this with an s-10 i just bought and thats all i plan to do..