Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rusty rockers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JeremyK5, Mar 27, 2003.

1. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here are a couple pics of my rockers.

Drivers Side-
    [​IMG]

Here's my passenger side-
    [​IMG]

Rust sucks. How do my rockers compare to yours? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    By the way, the drivers side is actually the worst side, you just can't see the daylight shining through it from that angle. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I plan on cutting them out and putting in sliders this summer. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Atleast you still have the rockers! All are gone on the old burb! It just lets the water drain out better with out em /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    My 82 K20 has really bad rockers, but the floors are still very solid... mine will be easy to fix.

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Both my passenger side rockers are almost gone. The drivers side is perfect, but only because I replaced it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Frikken road salt! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My rockers aswell as most of the lower body is starting to rust. For me, body work will come last. Gotta do all my mechical mods first.

6. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey....i hear ya. i live in frankfort. both of my trucks have bad rockers. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NITRO

7. VirginiaBulldog

VirginiaBulldog Registered Member

[​IMG]

that's the better side /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

8. VirginiaBulldog

VirginiaBulldog Registered Member

Re: Rusty rockers *DELETED*

Post deleted by VirginiaBulldog

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

ouch! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif... i had maybe like 1/10th that rust and i had to get rid of it, i busted out all the rust, patched the holes and bedlined it.

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

you're complaining about that!!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif just look at the title under my name, it says it all /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

p.s. you gonna go to attica with us later?

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

My rockers where not bad on the outside but the inners where gone. I replaced the inner and outers on both sides a few year back and filled the space between with expanding foam to keep water from setting on the new welds!
    My project blazer is much worse, they are getting cut and rock sliders put in! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, what you can't see is that there really isn't anything behind those. No floor to speak of. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I have a couple sheets of metal in there to hold the seat securely, but I'm afraid that one time I'm going to step on the drivers side rocker and it will fall off.(it's already started to rip at one end) Frequently applied rattlecan touchups hide rust good. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Also the floor mounts that are behind them are paper thin with rust holes in them.

As far as Attica goes, I plan on it. Right now I'm finishing up my axle swap. I'm getting the rear brakes operational.

13. 69k5blaz

69k5blaz Registered Member

I purchased my 69 blaz from some hippies this winter and i trying to get it ready for a trip to attica. I didnt know what a rocker panel was until i looked under mine and the passenger side and driver side were different. The entire driver side rocker is gone. The passenger side is only rusted out. There going to be cut out and sliders installed this summer.

14. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Wow, another Indiana guy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif